The Galvin Medical Library is located in the School of Medicine building on Henry Street in Fremantle (ND35 on campus map). The conversion of what was originally a warehouse & office building constructed in 1900 won a heritage award at the prestigious Fremantle and East Fremantle Heritage Awards. The Library opened in 2005 and holds print and AV resources to support the Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Physiotherapy and Health Sciences, which includes the teaching areas of Biomedical Sciences, Exercise & Sports Science, Health & Physical Education, and Preventive Health.
The Library provides computer workstations, study carrels, study rooms, and photocopying and printing facilities for students. The physical collection of books and journals is enhanced by access to electronic databases, journals and books via the University website, and library staff are available to help with study related queries during normal office hours. At the request of students the whole library is designated a quiet study area.