Resources in an Endnote Library can be imported into Leganto to be added to a Reading List.
- In EndNote (desktop), select the citations you would like to import and click the arrow symbol from the toolbar icons to export.
- Select a location to save the file onto your device.
- Clearly name the file, including manually adding .ris to the end of the name.
E.g. "Endnote for Leganto.ris"
- Complete the other fields as below:
- Type: Text File (*txt)
- Output style: RefMan (RIS)
- If you don't see the RefMan option, choose Select Another Style
- Scroll down to RefMan (RIS) Export and click Choose
- Click Save
Click the image to see a larger version.
You can now add these items into your Reading List
- In Leganto, go to the section you would like to import your resources into (or create a new section)
- Click the ellipses [...] menu and select Import
- Either drag your saved file into the box, or click to browse your device
- Click Confirm
- Your resources will now be added to your section and you can close the pop up window.
- If the item is a full text eBook or a full text electronic journal article you will see it has automatically been set to Complete.
NOTE: This means it requires no library mediation and will be immediately accessible to your students when the Reading List has been published.
- If the item is a print book, you will see it has been set to Being Prepared.
NOTE: This means that it requires library mediation (e.g. purchasing more copies, or moving existing items into the Course Reserves (high demand) section of the library).
The item will be visible to your students, and they will see a direct link to the library's catalogue and its current availability (e.g. if it is on order, they will see its current status).
Add items to your Collection
You can import your Endnote resources to your whole list, and then into individual sections by adding them to your Collection
Add a tag so that both your students and the Library know the kind of reading this item will be.
- Where you have just added the resource, click Add tag.
- Select which tag you want to give the item by clicking on the appropriate one.